Ready for the Challenge..

Yahoo! Avatars

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thing #15 Library 2.0

1. Rick Anderson's "icebergs" perspective was interesting to me. I'm used to "old school" libraries where the librarians giving an orientation of how to use the library. Then we would trudge through the card catalogs and the shelves looking for our resources and praying that what we need was there. I used to wonder if some of the stuff there had even ever been touched.
With Library 2.0 all of this seems nonexistant, a thing of the past. In fact, the information is so easy to access and find without walking through the libraries doors.

2. To me Library 2.0 means that my children will have a different type of library than I could have ever thought. It means that I will have to continue with Library 2.0 constantly just to keep up with what is going on in the world. I think for myself and libraries that Library 2.0 will change the reason why people visit the library. It will be more of a physical visit to read books that we enjoy; it will be reading fairs and storytime for children. As far as the web goes I think libraries will have more information and resources than there building could ever hold and have more students they talk to than they ever did all with a computer.

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

We want all library users to be comfortable with Library 2.0, find information easily BUT still see the value in visiting our libraries. Libraries will always be a place to recharge your intellectual battery!