Ready for the Challenge..

Yahoo! Avatars

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thing #14 Technorati and How Tags Work

1. It was very interesting how searching posts, blogs and tags yielded such different results. In posts the search picked up the keys words of my search and highlighted them in orange. In blogs it showed only blogs that were registered and tagged 2.0.

2. I think the most interesting thing to me under popular is how different it is under each topic. It's not surprising that the Top 100 blogs by fans is almost the same list as the Top 100 blogs by authority.

3. As far as assisting me, I think that it would be interesting to see how the subject I may be researching is being talked about and referenced to. Tagging definitely narrows the search down for you.

It's interesting what the young lady said on the video about how blogging's information becomes of more value that CNN or a review critic because it's people just like you and me talking out what is important to us.

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

Again, those tags become so useful in creating a "common ground" of information and such a time saver!