Ready for the Challenge..

Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, June 27, 2008

Thing #13: Tagging & del.icio.us

I explored del.icio.us, Furl and Ma.gnolia. I love the idea of social bookmarking. In my opinion, Furl was better for me. It seemed more "user friendly" to me. As a counselor this could be a very useful tool. We are always asking each other about where we get our resourses about different things. This way, we can have a common ground of locating and sharing.

Libraries' use of this tool is limitless. As a teacher discusses a certain topic, she lets the library know. The libraries start bookmarking the resources and the students have all kinds of resourses on that topic all at one site.

2 comments:

Ms. P. said...

Wow, this sounds like it's going to be interesting! I'm getting ready to start Thing #13 and am now working on my "commenting thing".

I'm glad that you are able to see uses for this technology as a counselor. I think it can pretty much work for anyone for almost anything, don't you?

bookeatersclub said...

And when you get to "Thing" 16 you find a neat way to post and share info, links, etc. in a wiki that would certainly be a "common ground" for counselors.