Ready for the Challenge..

Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, July 4, 2008

Thing #19: Web 2.0

I visited the Awards list. It was amazing how some of the sites I've already visited and liked were on the awards list. Good choices. Here are a few of the sites I visited and enjoyed:

BackPack: I think this is a great tool for teacher's who work in teams and are doing lesson plans together. They can add notes, worksheets and all types of files all on one page. It's easy to use and share. Libraries could post their calendar of events for the week and reservations for the school to access. They can even add new books as they arrive with descriptions. For my personal use, the calender and todo list is EXCELLENT!
I like the feature of using dividers, maps and pictures all with a click of a button.

Writeboard: This could be an excellent tool for English teachers. The best feature I liked was being able to see the edits being made as well as the previous work. An English teacher could edit papers for students without even collecting them and using their red ink pens! A student can produce a final product without rewriting a whole paper. I could definitely use this when writing college and scholarship recommendations for my students.

Mothersclick: This website is great for my own personal use. I love the way you can post questions as well as view answers on the site. It was all types of great information for all types of moms: working, stay home, first time moms and even mothers of multiples like myself.

SpanishPod: I love the idea around Spanish Pod, but it does cost. There is a week trial and limited access to try it. Spanish Speaking students can use this tool for strengthing their English. It would be good for writing papers or learning speeches. I like the feature of listening and being able to contact representatives to help as well.

I enjoyed discovering!

5 comments:

jp 吉平 said...

Hi Double Learner!

SpanishPod is *always* free to listen to, and it's free to have an account and participate in the discussions.

The seven day trial is for the premium features; but you can keep using the free features indefinitely...

By the way, SpanishPod has just won a 2008 Web 2.0 Award for Education from SEOmoz.org, an industry mag.

Double Learner said...

Thanks, I'll have to try it out!

sro said...

Your blog posts are very upbeat and informative. They clearly show your learning process and thoughts on the topics. I am just on thing #14 so I look forward to all that you describe.

bookeatersclub said...

Good info on SpanishPod, we have many students who will be able to benefit...

Amie Graves said...

Whiteboard and Backpack look interesting. After reading your practical ideas for classroom application, I can't wait to check them out. Thanks for the suggestions!